Here is how to create and launch your affiliate marketing website on a WordPress platform. Word press is a content management system. The most popular Content Management System (CMS) solutions world wide with over twenty million page views per day. Its was originally created as a blog way back in 2003 and has emerged to support other types of content due to its increased number of users visiting it everyday. This guide will show you exactly how to build a website for your affiliate marketing program and make more earnings with it. Follow the steps below.
- Create an account at WordPress.com if you are new to the website.
- After creating an account, you will automatically be logged in. Choose the kind of site you are building from the suggestions list below.
- Add a topic or choose one from the drop down list eg; cameras and photography or fashion or digital marketing, and click on (continue)button from the right hand side of the screen. At this level, you can scroll down to see how your website will look.
- Add a business name eg; Webdesigner, then click on the (continue) button to head over to the next step.
- It’s time to give your site an address. An address is a keyword that people can type in to a web browser so as to find your website. Enter a name or keyword that you want to be your domain name eg; WordPress.com, WordPress.ug.com etc. Normally when doing this, the system will give you sugestions for the keyword that you type because at times a keyword that you choose may be already existing as a domain in another website. Once this happens,the system will suggest to you a related domain name.
- These suggestions come with different extensions and because of the variance in extensions, even their costs do vary. The ‘.com’ extension is most commonly used so, for this reason, it tends to cost more money than other extensions. You can change a given extension from the (more extensions) tab at the bottom.
- There is always one free-domain-name option for users who are not yet sure whether to buy a custom domain or not. One is also allowed to map a domain that they already bought from a different domain issuer, to WordPress. Take for example I can map a domain that I own at Bluehost.com to my WordPress website.
- Click on (start with a business plan) to buy a custom domain name for your site which will look like this; WordPress.com or WordPress.online depending on the extension you chose earlier on.WordPress like any other CMS, gives it’s users an advantage of creating a free website without a custom domain. A free domain on WordPress will contain an extension-wordpress.com. eg; if your web address is to be http://www.designer.com, instead of this address, on a free plan, you will have it as; designer.wordpress.com.However, you can buy a custom domain name and to replace the free one but the free domain can not be deleted because it’s permanent.
- After you have bought a custom domain, you will be redirected to the WordPress’s website reader page. This is how it looks.
- Begin by following your favourite sites here. Use the top menu buttons and learn how to use them. Access all the tools you deserve to set up your affiliate site and add some content to introduce your self to the readers. By using this page, you will learn what to do on each button of the page while you use them. CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR OWN WEBSITE TODAY