How well do you know these two? Did you know that there is yet a nother way through which you can multiply your earnings besides your 9-5 job? I have been talking about affiliate marketing all along as a major method to generate income and from my own point of view, yes it really is because it’s more popular every where. It has become almost everyone’s point of interest . Now there are a few people who have actually decided to do both of the projects above and they are doing very well. It’s possible you too can do them so long as you have ample time. There are a few differences between Freelancing and Affiliate marketing despite the fact that they are all online work from home Jobs. So, I am going to elaborate more about them and we want to see their similarities. Both affiliate marketing and freelancing have the good side and the bad side.Therefore, in the end we shall be able to identify both the good side and the bad side of each of them.
What is so common about the two?(similarities)
- Both are work from home jobs. Both Affiliate marketers and Freelancers may not need to have an office in order to carry out what they are supposed to but their employers may be in office.
- No specific qualifications may be required for one to participate in these jobs.
- They are entirely free to join and start working. There is no appointment and no retirement.
- You have unlimited time for work so, work at your own pace and no body will moderate you for what you do.
- Both are flexible you can do them alongside other things.
What differenciates affiliate marketing from freelancing( comparison )?
The differences between the two kinds of online jobs above may also be their merits or demerits.
- Affiliate marketing is a self employment directory because once you have authority to promote or refer people to a certain company whatsoever,it is your choice whether to do the promotions and drive traffic or not. Everything is in your hands take personal decisions pertaining your private job. Where as Freelancing is not private in any way, because as a freelancer, you only work on other people’s projects to be paid.
- As an affiliate, you don’t need any past experience all you need is an email address in order to register and start promoting on the straight away even though you are just a beginner unlike freelancing. You need to be good at one or more skills to bid on available projects short of that, you may not be able to find what you can do.
- Affiliate marketing is permanent once you have joined a company or business as a partner as long as the company continues to exist. This means a lifetime job and it’s possible to gain experience and then make it your official job for life while in freelancing, you will either get a permanent job or work on contracts which expire after a given period of time as agreed.
- In the field of affiliate marketing, payments are assured as long as you make a complete conversion. Freelancer jobs may not have assured payments for employees since most freelancing sites have a policy that says, if an employer is not sarticified with what his/her employee is doing, he or she may decide not to pay them until they perfect their work.
- Earning is through commissions and bonuses which are at times recurting for affiliates while for Freelancers, earning is through your effort. You earn for only what you worked for. There are no bunuses in this case.
- Affiliate marketing involves lead generation through advertising which really takes more time while freelancing may not need any of those except, in case one is given a job that involves attracting organic traffic.
- As an affiliate marketer, jobs are readily available compared to freelancing where by you have to bid on a project by sending a proposal to the employer and wait to be chosen if there are many applicants which is also time consuming.