I should have tried to apply these techniques long-time but hey! It’s not too late. There are techniques that you can apply here and these tips will still work perfectly. You need to engage your visitors from the first time they land in any of your pages. The best that you always look to is;- increasing traffic levels on your site right from day one. How would you achieve this goal? Only these five steps can prove it right. And they should be at the finger tips every time.
- Be consistent.
- Make your website known to other. blogs
- Create quality content.
- Collaborate with other websites.
- Publicise your posts.
1. Consistency is more important in website management. Let me give an example here. A visitor center who comes to your home twice in a week and that one who visits just ones in a month who will be more common? Obviously, the weekly visitor because he/she comes more often than the other.There is a fore tale that at one day, that weekly visitor will become regular to you and that’s exactly what your site should be to your visitors. Regular publishing is the point we are discussing here. When you post consistently, the search engines may begin recognise your website as an active one and therefore rank it. It should be a good practice though it is so tidous for heavy content publishers who opt for SEO.
2. Secondly, you have to make your website known in other blogs. As a website owner, you have at least one identity that will present you to other blogs when you visit and make any action upon their content. This feature is known as ‘Gravatar.’ Gravatar is an icon/ image that follows you to wherever website you go to and is attached to your email address. It appears beside your name whenever you do things like commenting, liking and sharing posts from other blogs.
So, how does Gravatar help in this case? Well, as I said, the Gravatar feature contains the authors personal information plus their website informations too. This is what happen; when you visit a certain website and leave a like or comment in there, Gravatar will display information about you and your website so that the author of that page or post will follow you up to your site who will also do the same as you did in their site. So, the hidden trick is that you need to engage with other blogs so much just to get recognition and build a community of bloggers around you.
3.When you look at your competitors sites, everyone seems to create good content but is it qualitative? The quality of your content is not what the topic of discussion is all about but it’s how you organise your articles, pages and media content. It will be sad when you apply thin content-posts which re-apear in different pages that are the same or too many back links and many keywords in one post. The average keyword count per post should be 20-25 and the back links should be 400 on average. This is on ,, how many keywords and back links you should have in your site to avoid thin content.
4. Collaboration is one way in which to can get more recognition and get a lift of your web traffic. Ally with some ranking websites. Ask them to recommend yours too so you can get some of their traffic. You can only do this with websites who’s topics are different from yours. For example, if you have a blog on a topic – affiliate marketing, you can collaborate with another blog who’s topics could be – The Greek style which has got more traffic. You will therefore be using that blog as a source of traffic for your site. It is very easy for blogs to collaborate because there is relatively no competition in between.
Lastly, creating awareness about your website is also vital. You will have to make your site public by adding social icons in your footer pages so that readers can easily share it with just a click of a button. Add as many social sharing buttons as you can because they will also determine your traffic sources.